Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, May 6, 2013

Bite Sized Crabcakes

Bite Sized CrabcakesI have shared two crabcake recipes (one and two) on this blog and neither of them is my favorite. I have no clue how that happened. I have been making this recipe since I was a kid. Crabcakes are one of my most favorite foods. I made the crabcakes bite sized and served them with crabcake sauce for my dinner party. The best part of these crabcakes was that I was able to make them with crab that we had picked from fresh Texas blue crab. That made them particularly sweet and tasty. I had a couple leftovers and I ate them on Kings Hawaiian rolls topped with crabcake sauce, sort of like a crabcake slider. They were amazing!  I need to come up with a better name for "crabcake sauce" but it is so simple, I have no clue what would work better.
Crabcakes

2 eggs
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Old Bay to taste (I use about 1 tablespoon)
1 cup crushed saltines
1 pound crabmeat
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Mix first six ingredients together. Add crab and crackers and stir gently to combine.

Form into six round cakes for entree sized crabcakes or 16 bite sized crabcakes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Fry the crabcakes, about a minute or two per side until golden brown. Serve.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Happy Valley Chow said...

Those look delicious, great appetizer :)

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Mr. & Mrs. P said...

What a great little appetizer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...